01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Forever. [Studio Calico LO] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Forever. [Studio Calico LO]

34

Wow... can you believe that: it's been almost one year since I began with this layout (24th July, 2013)!! I remember that back then I wasn't satisfied with it and felt it was missing something but just couldn't put my finger on what it was.


Today I made it my mission to finally finish it, especially because it's one of my all-time favourite photos! Actually I didn't change much: I just added some gray watercolour as background for the handwritten text and that was it. The journaling is from the lyrics of one of my favourite songs that almost immediately came to my mind when I started this layout: "Forever" by Ben Harper.



The page felt quite empty below and above the text, but I didn't want to add too much colour, so I decided to use vellum. I punched some hearts and then stapled them onto the page - I've always liked the look of vellum, no matter if on white paper or also on patterned paper to tone it down a bit.
Then some obligatory acrylic paint splodges and an enamel dot here and there, and it's done :)

Tell me, do you have some elements that you typically use on (almost) every layout or project you make and without which it just doesn't seem finished?


Products used:
American Crafts white cardstock
Studio Calico "Sundrifter" 12x12 paper pad
Jillibean cardstock stickers "Wise Words - Smile"
Elle's Studio "You & Me" cutouts tag
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Kesi Art Pschhiitt spray (No. 665)
Vellum

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38