01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Sweet Treats & The Sky's the Limit. [2 Carta Bella Layouts] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sweet Treats & The Sky's the Limit. [2 Carta Bella Layouts]

34
So today I got two (yes two!!) layouts for you. On Saturday I visited a friend in Frankfurt for a spontaneous scrapbooking session and we were quite productive. Of course there was lots of chatting and laughing too, but we also managed to get a few layouts done.

Today I'm going to show you two of the three layouts I made. For both I used the beautiful "Hello Again" collection by Kaitlin Sheaffer for Carta Bella. I can't tell you for how long I've been holding on to these, just staring at them and uuuhing and aahing about how pretty they are! I mean, those colours, the patterns.. just everything <3


The photo in the first layout is from me on my graduation day at university where I received my "Erstes Staatsexamen" (first state examination; it's a degree you get when becoming a teacher in Germany). When I started the LO I discovered that stamp ("The Sky's the Limit") from a Studio Calico kit in my friend's stash and I knew I had to use it.



The journaling beneath the photo says: "After 13 semesters, 2 vacation semesters*, 2 countries, 5 moves, countless term papers, 1 examination paper, 4 state exams, thousands of pages of scientific texts, hundreds (?) of coffees, and many, many nerves, I finally made it!! - 1st state examination"

*"vacation semesters" are semesters where you are still matriculated but that you spend somewhere else. I used my 2 vacation semesters to work as an AuPair in Spain (a few months near Barcelona & some more on Tenerife).




The second layout is not as "meaningful" as the other one, it's simply to document my favourite sweet treats: macarons! :)

When I added the journaling I made a grammar mistake.. I noticed it immediately before I had even finished the word, but it was too late.. And since I couldn't cover it up in any way, I'll just have to live with it. Oh well..



It wasn't easy to finally use those pretty, pretty "Hello Again" papers, but I'm really satisfied with how it turned out. Besides, I still have more than half of the collection pack left, so you'll be seeing many more layouts with this collection! :)

Are there any collections that you love so much that you couldn't bring yourself to use it and that you are still hoarding? Or one that you have finally used? Tell me! :)


Products used:
Carta Bella "Hello Again" collection pack
Studio Calico "Penny Arcade" stamp
Studio Calico "Essentials" gold chipboard stars
Studio Calico "Essentials" roller date stamp
Crate Paper "Maggie Holmes - Styleboard" vellum shapes
American Crafts "Amy Tangerine - Cut & Paste" chipboard stickers
American Crafts "Amy Tangerine - Ready, Set, Go" alpha stickers
My Mind's Eye "Now & Then" enamel dots
Kesi Art Pschhiitt Spray No. 715
Kaitlin Sheaffer labels
Vellum
Doily

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38