01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: [An Image Heavy] Workspace Wednesday. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

[An Image Heavy] Workspace Wednesday.

34

Today I won't share a peek into my craftroom because it is a complete mess right now. I'm still in the process of updating my inspiration wall and purging my stash, but I hope I'll be able to show you some new photos in next week's Workspace Wednesday edition.

But I do have a little something for you! A few days ago it occurred to me that I haven't shared this mini album that I made as a gift for S. for our 5th anniversary last year.

I absolutely love mini albums but I don't do them as often as I would like.. either because I don't find the time (because once I have started it, I also want to get it done) or because I'm not really inspired.
In fact, the majority of the mini albums I've made so far were gifts for S.

For this one I wanted to try a more minimalist approach and channel my inner Caylee Grey - she does make the most beautiful minimalistic mini albums!! (For proof click here and here)
At first it was a bit odd to leave pages almost empty and add only one piece of embellishment or some text, but in the end I absolutely loved it! a) I finished this mini album much quicker than all the ones before and b) the focus is on the pictures and the feelings/thoughts I want to convey, rather than the products.
For the album I chose some of my favourite pictures of us or places/moments that mean something to us (which are mostly Barcelona & Costa Brava photos).

I have to admit that this is my all-time favourite mini I've made so far!

Okay, are you ready for the photo flood? Good!
(I'm sorry for the white line at the bottom of each photo.. I just noticed after I had edited all the photos. I have no idea what happened there >.<)



For the title page I just covered a piece of kraft cardstock with white acrylic paint, put that wood veneer frame & chipboard sticker on it, splashed some gold mist on the page and it was done.





I absolutely love the look of stickers/text on vellum and this one just fit perfectly! Also, gold! Never enough gold.



Normally I would have tried to add something to this page (above) because it seemed a bit empty, but now I've come to appreciate this clean and simple look!



Here I finally tried my hand at printing a photo directly onto vellum and what can I say? It's awesome!!



I have never before bought those standout sticker embellishments (Crate Paper and AC have them) because I always thought that they were a bit too expensive but with this collection (Notes & Things) I caved and bought almost everything from it - and I'm so glad I did! I think it adds the perfect little touch!



More vellum and gold, because you can never go wrong with any of those, right?!



That "love"-cut was made with a Sizzix BigShot. I don't have one but I could try it out when I was scrapping at a friend's place and since then I've been considering getting one.. I'm still on the fence.. But I sure love the look and how easy & fast it is.. So much easier than getting my Cameo out and all set up.



This photo (above) is one of my absolute all-time favourite photos of S. and I, so it definitely deserved to get a whole spread! Although I've also already included it on the first page of this album..



You said: "Do you want to marry me?" and I said: "Yes, of course I do!"



Fun fact: We always get each other a small present on our anniversary day and last year I decided to get a Chemex for S. Since it hadn't arrived until that day, I put a photo I found online and had printed out in that kraft pocket. Now I still needed something to seal the pocket. 
You cannot imagine how I squeeled with delight when I found this "You're the cream of my coffee" sticker from the Carta Bella "Hello Again" collection!! It's as if it was meant to be! :D




To Be Continued... 


Products used:
- patterned paper from various Studio Calico kits (that I snagged for 10$ each, I think it was on a Black Friday sale or sth.)
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Chipboard Stickers
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Journaling & Title Stickers
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Journaling Cards
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Rub Ons 
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Standouts
- Crate Paper "Notes & Things" - Patterned Paper
- LoraBailora - ABC Shaded stamps
- My Mind's Eye "Jubilee - Mint Julep" - Rub Ons
- Simple Stories - Photo Stickers
- Carta Bella "Hello Again" - Stickers & Journaling Cards Paper
- My Mind's Eye - Enamel Dots (from various collections)



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38