01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Hello Autumn with the [Scrapbook Werkstatt] October Kit - Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hello Autumn with the [Scrapbook Werkstatt] October Kit - Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.

34
If you've followed my blog or my scrapbooking endeavours for a while now, you'll know that one of my favourite topics for my projects is Barcelona. When I got to work with the Scrapbook Werkstatt October kit it was no different - of the five layouts I made with the kit three are about Barcelona :D

Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.
Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.

HOW?
For this LO I used some patterned paper strips as a frame for my white cardstock (that I cut down so that the finished layout would be 12x12" again). In order not to make it too heavy, I only used the border on two of the edges.

WHAT?
The photo was taken in January at the Palo Alto Market in Barcelona. I made another LO with a photo from that market with the Gossamer Blue September kits, so you can read a bit more about the market here.


Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.
Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.

HOW?
This layout is very unusual for me! Not because of all the white space and the gold (because that's not unusual at all :D) but because of the overall colour scheme. I almost never ever use orange or purple in my projects and definitely not in connection with blue, so this is very special. The petals in the photo however just called for lots of purple on the layout!

I also added one little detail to the layout: the hidden journaling on the tag. On the right side I attached two tags from the Pink Paislee "Cedar Lane" ephemera pack with a cute fabric covered brad I still had from the Crate Paper "Open Book" collection. Now I can cover the tag with the journaling with the upper tag but reveal it very easily by just pushing it away.

WHAT?
The photo was taken in April on the first day when S. and I spent a week in Barcelona (again). That cobblestone and the petals immediately bring back the memories and the feelings I had when we arrived. It always feels like coming home.


Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.
Three Barcelona-Themed Layouts.

HOW?
For this LO I chose papers and embellishments that matched the colours in my photo. And I added some gold, because a little bit of gold never hurt anyone, right?? ;)

WHAT?
The LO is about "El Born", one of my favourite districts in Barcelona (although I do have quite a few favourites :D). The house in the photo is probably the most photographed one in that area - I mean it is just impossible to walk by without taking a photo. Even though I have tons of photos of it, everytime we are back in Barcelona and pass by it, I have to take more :D


Oh boy.. just writing about these layouts and the photos I used for them makes me want to go to Barcelona so bad now! ..what about you, what topic are most of your projects about?

Stay tuned for the rest of the layouts and a cute little card in the next few days! :)

Products Used:
From the Scrapbook Werkstatt October Kit:
From my stash:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38